Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where has the time gone?

So, My baby is now 31/2 years old.. Its unbelievable how this time has gone so quick.. and I have been loving every minute of it.. So, the last couple years have been so busy, and full of happiness. Jahnaiya came home from the hospital and my life just changed forever.. Its absolutely amazing the love I have for this little girl. For a first time mom things were scary we had to keep a close eye on Jahnaiya for infection, she came home with a flap on her back to protect her surgery site. Honestly now that I look back it wasn't bad.. I just did what was best for her.. shes my first so, I don't know any different so, basically changing a butt flap, or cathing or giving meds every 4 hrs was just normal to me. And from then on she just started growing up.. she started Physical Therapy at 3 months and what a blessing. we had an awesome therapist Dana she became a great friend and I cannot begin to Thank her enough she showed me so many things and to this day I believe my daughter reached many milestones because of her shes definately an Angel in my book.

Jahnaiya was such a good baby, She hardly ever cried, slept through the night, was happy all the time! She started sitting up at 5 months, rolling at around 61/2, talking at 10(and she hasnt stopped yet!lol) crawling around 12, pulling to stand and cruising around 13-14 months. and finally walking unassisted at 22 months.. right before her second bday! What a day! A day I was told by some doctors I may never see.. She has proved them wrong in so many ways!

We have had many SB clinic appts, Mris, VCUGs, sonograms, catscans, Emergency room visits just for scares thank God thats all it was. Its all been well worth... So Fast Forward to 2009 and I have the sweetest, funniest little girl who couldn't make her mom any happier shes awesome, Jahnaiya now wears AFOs to support her ankle when she walks, No more Physical Therapy, she takes meds still 3 times a day and she does have a neurogenic bladder which we are at the moment trying to work out a program for her.. Other than that my daughter is a very healthy, normal child, She walks, runs, jumps, plays, sings(all the time), dances, shes smart, shes hardheaded, she has a temper.. and I love her (she acts just like her mom!lol) All and all my life is great and I just pray to God to continue healing my child and help me be the best mother I can to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment