Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Little girl

I wanted to start this for my daughter Jahnaiya, shes the absolute love of my life and I love telling everyone about her! Jahnaiya was born Nov 9, 2005 with Myleomenengicele Spina bifida, hydrocephulis, and neurogenic bladder.. ( I still can't spell half this stuff). She had surgery the second day of her life to close a hole in her spine around the lumbar 5 Sacral 1 area. Surgery went well she recovered great and we were sent home 5 days later with our beautiful little girl... scary but, so exciting.. shes my first by the way.. Jahnaiyas hydro was fine for the firs 6 months and then her head size was growing a little to fast this was her only symptom of hydro. so she need another surgery. Usually they perform a surgery were a shunt is place from the head to the abdomen..But, thank God for our awesome neurosurgeon there was a fairly new procedure called ETV where they do the same surgery but, there is nothing placed inside your childs body..so Jahnaiya had this procedure and its worked shes now 31/2 and has had no issues to date.. Thank God once again.. We have been extremely blessed with Jahnaiya in so many ways.. I can't even remember my life before her.. So, I just wanted to start this a little today but, I will definately be adding more.. Thank you to all thats interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment